Most workers have ben working from home for months, and while there are definitely downsides to not going into the office, it seems a lot of folks are perfectly happy never having to dress up for work again.
A new UK survey, which could easily translate here, finds:
- 70% of workers dream of never having to wear a suit and tie at work again.
- Only 28% of folks miss wearing actual office attire.
- 36% of those polled say they wear their loungewear while working.
- Close to 25% wear oversized T-shirts, while 34% wear sweatpants.
- 24% do change out of loungewear though when they have to join a work video call.
- 52% have even relaxed their look during video meetings.
Another thing people working from home love - no shoes.
- In fact, 86% say they love not having to wear shoes during work.
- 10% wish they could wear their slippers to the office.
- What’s more, 30% believe slippers should be acceptable footwear in the office.
Unfortunately, being so comfy at work isn’t likely to last.
- 53% hopes they could continue to dress casually once they return to the office.
- And while 80% of workers say they work better in more comfortable clothing, 56% don’t think their job would be open to casual attire at the office.
Source: SWNS Digital