The coronavirus has basically kept a lot of Americans from traveling, but a new survey reveals that some are cautiously optimistic that may change soon.
A new AAA survey finds:
- 67% of Americans are planning some sort of vacation before the end of the year.
- 20% of those who are haven’t booked that trip yet, and plan to wait til they are within a week of traveling.
- 80% of those planning to travel will be taking a road trip, with most likely going to destinations known for outdoor recreation and socially distanced fun.
- Among the top road trip destinations:
- Denver, CO
- Las Vegas, NV
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Keystone, SD
- Portland, OR
- Phoenix, AZ
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Myrtle Beach, SC
Meanwhile, a survey conducted by the Travel Leaders Group and World Travel and Tourism council suggests folks are waiting until 2021 for vacations.
According to that poll
- 70% of U.S. and Canadian travelers are holding off until 2021 for their next vacation.
- 45% of those people have already booked their trip, while 54% are thinking about it.
- Top destinations for 2021 include:
- Europe (38%)
- The Caribbean (34%)
- Mexico (15%)