It’s been almost eight months since a lot of people stepped foot inside their office, and while folks may enjoy working remotely in their pajamas each day, it seems a lot of folks are missing their workplace.
A new British poll, which could easily translate here, finds:
- More than two-thirds of workers say they have missed their workplace since being forced to work from home due to the pandemic.
- 65% say working remotely has made them appreciate the social side of being in an office.
- Among the top things people miss about the office:
- Being face to face with people
- The office banter
- Simply asking someone a question out loud rather than messaging
- Working in a team
- Your office desk
- Hearing office gossip
- Your office chair
- Catching up about people's weekends
- The printer
- Lunch break walks with colleagues
- Folks are missing the office so much that 24% actually regret complaining about their workplace before lockdown.
As for whether they’re ready to go back
- 46% say they are, but only “gradually.”
- 17% are ready to go back full time.
- 14% are excited to return to the office.
- 38% are apprehensive about going back.
And overall, workers think it will take about three weeks to get back into a routine once they return to the office.
Source: SWNS Digital