These days we certainly can’t live without our tech, and it seems the device most people just can’t get enough of is the iPhone.
According to “USA Today,” the Apple iPhone was the best-selling tech product of the year, with sales even higher than last year, when it also topped the list. In total, 195 million iPhones were sold in 2020, topping last year’s 185 million. It helped that Apple introduced four new iPhones in the fall, ranging in price from $699 to $1,099. The paper also notes that with so many people working from home they likely had to upgrade their devices, which worked in Apple’s favor.
When not looking at specific brands, laptops, tablets and TVs were big sellers in 2020, with 212 million laptops sold, 181 million tablets purchased, and 38.6 million TVs sold.
Other Top Tech Sellers for 2020 include:
- Apple Airpods - 91 million units sold, up from 65 million in 2019.
- iPad - 55 million units, up from 40 million in 2019.
- Echo – while still popular, numbers for the Echo were actually down, from 60 million units in 2019 to about 40 million in 2020.
- Samsung Galaxy - 36 million sold, up from 30 million the previous year.
- Apple Watch – 31 million units sold, up from 25 million last year.
Source: USA Today