Being stuck at home for the past year has made a lot of folks reevaluate their lives, and that is particularly true when it comes to their job.
A new survey finds:
- 62% of Americans say they’ve been wanting to change their careers, and the pandemic has motivated them to do so.
- As for why folks feel the need for change:
- 61% want to feel more secure in their future
- 51% want freedom from their job
- 47% want to feel hopeful for the future.
And many folks are looking for a drastic change.
- In fact, 86% want to do something completely different from what they are currently doing.
- In order to make that happen:
- 47% are taking online courses and boot camps
- 43% are planning to continue their education
- 42% have learned a new digital skill.
- 31% have been building a professional network.
As for must –haves in their new jobs, folks are looking for:
- Creative control (47%)
- Ability to work remotely (46%)
- Flexible work schedule (45%)
- Project-based work (44%)
- Job and income security (37%)
- Doesn't require special equipment (28%)
- Offers ways to give back to the community (27%)
- Can be performed independently (19%)
Source: SWNS Digital