Americans can’t get enough of simple pleasures. A One Poll survey for Small Luxury Hotels of the World shows we get about eight of those moments a week. Most give us a happy feeling for about 20 minutes while the glow lasts up to an hour for others.
Unfortunately, 63-percent who were asked say they don’t get to enjoy simple pleasures enough and 62-percent blame it on not having enough time. Work and parenting, seem to get in the way most.
So, if you want to make someone’s day let them enjoy one of these top simple pleasures:
- Listening to your favorite songs
- A nice dinner
- Watching your favorite movie
- Finishing a really good book
- Doing exercise
- Spotting a species of bird you’ve never seen before
- Seeing flowers and trees blossom
- Wearing an outfit that makes you feel good
- Home cooking
- A match on a dating site with someone you’re attracted to
- Stunning views
- Going to the beach
- Not having to set the alarm at the weekend or on a day off
- Getting a delivery in the mail
- Dining out
The full list can be found here.
Source: SWNS Digital