(Note: That's my Golden Retriever, Casey in the pic above! Isn'ty she awesome!)
While most people will say their pet is part of the family, it isn’t always easy to find that perfect four-legged fur baby. In fact, it takes quite a while for most folks to find the pet that’s right for them.
A new survey finds:
- The average pet owner says it takes four months and 20 days of searching to find the perfect pet.
- 50% said they went to three or more shelters before finding “the one.”
- Plus, the average person spent six hours and 24 minutes looking through adoption sites in search of the pet that was right for them.
- But most do not regret putting in all that work.
- 60% say it was “love at first sight” when they found their pet.
- Another 63% describe their pet as their soulmate.
May is National Pet Foster Care month, and fostering is certainly a great way for many to find the pet that’s right for them.
- Of the 75% of people who fostered pets, 69% say it helped them become more confident as a pet owner.
- 68% admit they’ve “foster failed,” and wound up adopting the pet they fostered.
- 87% of those people admit they knew they were going to adopt that foster pet “immediately” after meeting them.
Source: SWNS Digital