These days there seem to be more options than ever when it comes to ordering in food. So, what has everyone been ordering this year?
- Well, GrubHub has come out with their third annual State of the Plate report, revealing the most popular delivery orders in the first six months of the year.
- While last year the Spicy Hot Chicken sandwich saw the highest increase in popularity, so far this year it hasn’t even made the Top 10 (although a Nashville hot chicken sandwich did).
- Instead, topping the list for 2021 is a plant-based sausage wrap, up 549% from last year.
Top Ten Most Foods Of 2020 (So Far)
(rise in popularity)
- Plant-based sausage wrap: (+549%)
- Bubble milk tea: (+505%)
- Birria taco: (+500%)
- Everything omelet: (+454%)
- Strawberry banana cream smoothie (+430%)
- Spicy miso tonkotsu ramen: (354%)
- Churro waffle: (+339%)
- Beef empanada: (+333%)
- Nashville hot chicken sandwich: (+327%)
- Korean barbecue cauliflower wing: (+302%)
Other tidbits from the report…
- Cajun fries is the top side dish for 2021, with a popularity increase of 630%.
- Chocolate French Silk Pie is the top dessert, up 698%.
- Dutch lager is the top alcohol order, followed by hot sake.
- Mocha iced coffee is the top breakfast order, up 351%.
- Thai chicken salad is the top lunch order, up 324%.
- Vegetable samosa is the top dinner order, up 260%.
- Pizza puff is the top late night order, up 294%.