Have you ever thought about what it’s like to be a barista? They obviously make and serve coffee, but there’s more to it than that. There’s standing on your feet all day, being exposed to hot liquids or chemicals, and dealing with customers, some of whom are plain old nasty.
“Business Insider” asked some of these hot coffee heroes what annoys them most. The end result is eight coffee shop etiquette rules we should all pay attention to.
- Don’t read the whole menu. keep the line moving
- Don’t expect service with a smile all the time and give baristas their space
- The customer is not always right
- Be patient
- Make yourself comfy, but don’t overdo it
- Be a respectful remote worker and don’t overstay your welcome
- Be courteous if you come as a group
- Spend money and don’t forget to tip
Source: Business Insider