Everybody has different behaviors when it comes to grocery shopping, and how you approach the task may say a lot about your personality.
A new survey finds:
- 80% of grocery shoppers say they are list makers, while 20% are not.
- And it seems those who are list makers have certain personality traits.
- 73% of list makers say they are likely to cry during a sad movie, compared to 53% of non-list-makers.
- They are also more likely to say they’re satisfied with their life (72% vs. 56%).
- List makers are also more likely to rely on recipes (32% vs. 15%).
- And they also consider themselves to have professional cooking skills (54% vs. 26%).
But not everyone likes to make a shopping list
- In fact, 64% of people say they prefer to explore every aisle of the supermarket.
- Those who like to explore are more likely to be early birds (42%) and adventurous (40%).
- They are also more likely to enjoy horror movies (46%).
- They are also most likely to describe themselves as introverted (37%).
ONE MORE THING! Interestingly, the survey found that a lot of people are influenced by others when doing their grocery shopping, but not always in a good way.
- 40% of people say they buy healthy foods just so others won’t judge them in the market.
- And two-thirds of shoppers use self-checkout over fears of being judged by others.
Source: SWNS Digital