They say age is just a number, and while that’s often used by older folks to describe how young they act and feel, it turns out for Millennials it’s the opposite, with many acting way older than they really are.
A new poll of 24 to 39-year-olds finds:
- 50% of Millennials describe themselves as “geri-lennials,” meaning they are a young person who behaves much older than their age.
- 36% of these people say they’d rather go to a homeware store than go out socializing with friends.
- 49% are actually spending more of their money on things for their home than going out with their friends.
- While you may think of young folks as partiers who like to go out clubbing, when it comes to fun, going out clubbing is actually very low on the list for these geri-lennials.
- In fact, most say they’d rather spend their evening cleaning their house, gardening, playing board games, reading and going to bed early.
- They’d also rather spend their money on clothes, baking goods, home décor and skincare than waste it on a night partying at a club.
- But just because many aren’t into nightclubs, it doesn’t mean they don’t want to socialize at all.
- Geri-lennials are eight-times more likely to want to socialize with friends at a restaurant rather than a club.
Source: SWNS Digital