While coffee fans heralded the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte a few weeks ago, it was far from the only pumpkin product making it’s return and it’s pretty apparent America’s obsession with pumpkin spice may have gone too far. These days you can pretty much find pumpkin spice everything, and we mean everything. Don’t believe us? Did you know pumpkin spice toilet paper exists? Well, it does. So does pumpkin spice scented facemasks.
It’s totally understandable why companies would want to jump on the pumpkin spice bandwagon, since interest in pumpkin spice continues to increase, jumping up 45% between October 2019 and October 2020. And according to Nielsen, the sales market for pumpkin spice, made up of allspice, cardamom, cinnamon and nutmeg, has grown to $278.5 million over the last year, up 11% from the previous year. Total pumpkin product sales were more than $600 million in 2018 alone.
"Have we finally hit peak pumpkin spice?" Fast Company recently asked, responding to themself, "More likely we’re nowhere near that."
So, what are some of the other crazy pumpkin spice products out there?
- Bud Light Seltzer’s Fall Flannel variety pack includes a Pumpkin Spice seltzer,
- Hershey’s has introduced KitKat Pumpkin Spice miniatures,
- There are also Werther's Original Pumpkin Spice Soft Caramels.
- You can now enjoy Kellogg's Pumpkin Pop-Tarts, as well as Pumpkin Cheerios and then there are Hostess Pumpkin Spice Twinkies.
- They make KetoGenics Pumpkin Spice Zero Carb Natural Protein Blend protein powder and a Premier Protein Pumpkin Spice Shake.
- Plus you can get your Ramen Cup Noodles in pumpkin spice flavor
- Then there are the non-food options
- The website ScentedLife is selling a 10-pack of Pumpkin Spice scented facemasks.
- Amazon is selling Green Meadow Valley’s Pumpkin Spice Toilet Paper, which has a scented tube.
- And if you want to cover up your smells in the bathroom, there’s the Poo-Pourri Before You Go Pumpkin Spice scented toilet spray.
- And Proctor & Gamble-owned Native even makes a pumpkin spice latte deodorant.
One pumpkin spice product you won’t find though is limited edition Pumpkin Spice Spam, which was introduced in 2019, but hasn’t been seen since.
Source: USA Today