Anyone who watched “Friends” knows that Joey loved his sandwiches. Well, apparently, he isn’t alone because a new survey reveals just how important sandwiches are to people.
The survey finds:
- 82% of Americans say they take the quality of their sandwiches seriously.
- 62% are loyal to a particular restaurant or deli they think makes the best sandwiches.
- 65% say they tried three or four different places before settling on their favorite sandwich shop.
- For 43% of these sandwich lovers, the perfect meat to cheese sandwich ratio is more meat than cheese.
- 66% actually put between three and six or more condiments on a sandwich.
- 44% think condiments belong on both sides of the bun.
- 43% prefer creamy condiments.
- 57% say meat is the most important part of a sandwich.
- 44% say it’s the bread.
- One-third of people say olives will ruin any sandwich.
So, which are the most popular sandwiches out there? Well, they include:
- Cheesesteak (43%)
- Burger (36%)
- Barbecue pulled pork (35%)
- Italian (34%)
- Reuben (30%)
Source: SWNS Digital