There are a lot of chores that folks hate doing, and one that’s particularly annoying, and never really goes away, is doing dishes. And according to a new survey, some folks hate doing dishes so much, they are willing to make some extreme sacrifices to never have to do them again.
The poll finds:
- Americans spend an average of 25 minutes each day doing dishes, which is more than six days a year.
- One in three people who hate doing dishes say it’s because there are too many dishes to wash.
- 43% of Americans who live with other people say they argue over who washes the dishes.
- Two in three say an argument ensues every week, with one in three saying they fight over the dishes every day.
- Lots of Americans say they would sacrifice something or do something they don’t like in order to never have to wash the dishes again.
- That includes 20% of Americans who’d give up sex for a whole year if it meant a lifetime of not washing dishes.
Source: Business Insider