With the holiday season officially kicking off this week, plenty of folks are bound to have a few houseguests staying with them, and it seems not all of those people are guests they’d want to have back again.
A new survey finds:
- 60% of people will be staying with family or friends for an extended visit this holiday season.
- 21% will be hosting somebody this year, with 63% saying they enjoy hosting their family and friends.
But it seems there are plenty of annoying things guests do when staying at other people’s homes, and there’s a good chance you may be guilty of at least one.
- The poll finds that 49% of people say the top guest no-no is arriving unannounced or without an invitation. Other guest faux pas include:
- Snoop around (48%)
- Break/damage host's belongings (48%)
- Leave a mess when departing (45%)
- Be too loud (45%)
- Smoke (44%)
- Leave a mess in the bathroom (40%)
- Stay up all night watching TV with volume up high (39%)
- Come back drunk (39%)
- Be too demanding (39%)
Source: SWNS Digital