While most of us won’t be having huge holiday celebrations this year, even if one or two family members come over they're going to have to clean up, and apparently that stresses a lot of people out.
A new study conducted by OnePoll, on behalf of Eufys says:
- 51% of Americans say cleaning their home for the holiday stresses them out.
- Half of those polled say they’d rather endure an hour-long awkward conversation then clean for the holidays.
- So, what stresses folks out about holiday cleaning?
- Well, the top stressors include:
- Caring about what others think about their home (29%)
- Worrying about missing dirty spots (27%)
- Having a high standard of cleanliness (23%)
- Having kids unwilling to keep a space clean for an extended period of time (23%).
- And not everyone actually succeeds in cleaning enough to impress people.
- In fact, 47% of people have rooms that they don’t let people in because they are too dirty.
And let’s not forget how time-consuming cleaning can be.
- If they didn’t have to clean, most folks would find themselves with a lot of extra time on their hands, which they would use for:
- Spending time with family (49%)
- Attempting to relax all day long (43%)
- Preparing a delicious holiday meal (36%)
- Buying and wrapping all their holiday gifts (34%)
Source: SWNS Digital