If you had a live Christmas Tree this year, you can recycle it and it will be turned into mulch.
You can drop your tree off at the locations listed below between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. You are limited to 5 trees per person.
Albuquerque Tree Recycling Locations (Dec. 27 - Jan. 9):
- Montessa Park Convenience Center - 3512 Los Picaros SE
- Eagle Rock Convenience Center - 6301 Eagle Rock NE
- Ladera Golf Course - 3401 Ladera Dr. NW
Rio Rancho Tree Recycling Locations (Dec. 26 - Jan. 9):
- Rio Rancho Sports Complex - 3501 High Resort Blvd.
- Sandoval County Landfill - 2708 Iris Rd.
No artificial trees will be accepted. PNM Vegetation Management crews and Parks and Recreation staff will grind trees into mulch chips, which can then be used as mulch to provide a better growing environment for plants and residential landscapes.
Just make sure you take off all the ornaments, tree stands, lights, bags, and nails or anything like that because these things are going through chippers.
The mulch can be picked up at the same locations while supplies last.