Money is a big stressor for a lot of people, and for a lot many, it seems to be something that is always on their mind.
- The average American worries about money six times a day.
- Millennials are the generation most focused on their money, but they also worry about their money the most, an average of seven times a day.
- Millennials are also the most confident about their finances (79%), followed by Gen X (71%), with Gen Z the least confident (57%).
- Millennials are also the most optimistic (78%) about their financial outlook in 10 years, while Boomers are the least optimistic (57%).
- American’s financial future is such a big anxiety that many would be willing to give up certain pleasures if it meant knowing they could retire today.
- 43% would give up drinking alcohol for five years.
- 30% would give up sex.
- 29% would give up their friends.
- Money fears are even playing a significant role in some folks love lives.
- 45% say they want a romantic partner who can manage their finances and who is financially stable.
- Meanwhile, only 39% say a partner’s physical appearance is more important.
- 66% of people admit they’d breakup with someone if they found out they were bad at managing their finances.
Source: SWNS Digital