We keep hearing about the Great Resignation and people leaving their jobs in droves. But what is it that workers are looking for in their next gig? Well, for many it’s one thing – flexibility.
A new survey finds:
- 70% say their current gigs don’t offer much flexibility when it comes to their schedule.
- Flexibility is so important to some that 42% of workers would be willing to give up their benefits package if they could get more flexibility at work.
- 35% would consider changing their entire career.
- 40% would give up all their vacation time.
So, what type of flexibility are we talking about?
- 37% of those polled would like more flexibility with their hours, moving away from a normal 9 to 5 schedule.
- 19% would actually prefer to work from 7 am to 3 pm.
- Folks would also like flexibility in the days they work.
- 25% say they’d rather work Thursday to Monday rather than Monday to Friday.
- 10% would prefer to work less than five days a week.
But flexibility isn’t the only area employees want to see improvement.
- In fact, for 44% of workers say the most important area that needs improvement is salary, followed by benefits (42%) and then flexibility (39%).
- What’s more, 61% complain that their job doesn’t offer them a good work/life balance.
Source: SWNS Digital