While some folks may not believe in luck, there are plenty of people who do, but could where you live play a role in whether you have any of that luck? Well, a new report suggests that it is possible, and it may be something to keep in mind if you are hoping to change your luck.
- 24/7 Wall Street just came out with their list of the Luckiest and Unluckiest States in the U.S.
- They based their findings on a number of factors including average lottery winnings per adult, number of traffic fatalities, total number of accidental deaths, life expectancy and more.
- Overall, Massachusetts earned the honor of luckiest state.
- Massachusetts has the highest lottery winnings per adult ($991.28), plus the second-lowest traffic fatalities in the nation and the eighth lowest deaths from accidents.
- And if you want to get lucky, you may want to consider moving to the Northeast, with four of the top five states situated in that part of the country.
Top 10 Luckiest States In The U.S.
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- New Jersey
- New York
- As for the unluckiest state in the U.S., that would be Mississippi, which has the second-highest rate of traffic fatalities, and the third-highest rate of deaths from accidents.
10 Unluckiest States In the U.S.
- New Mexico
- New Orleans
- West Virginia
Click here to see the full list.
Source: 24/7 Wall Street