A lot of folks got together yesterday to watch the Super Bowl, and for many the highlight of the day won’t be the Big Game, it will be the snacks!
- The fifth-annual Frito-Lay Snack Index reveals the truth about Americans and their Super Bowl snacking.
- 94% of adults say snacks have the ability to create enjoyable moments.
- When it comes to snack preferences, 79% of Gen Z and 83% of Millennials prefer spicy snacks.
- But traditional flavors are still popular with 62% of Baby Boomers and 46% of Gen X.
- Only 32% of Gen Z and 30% of Millennials like traditional snack flavors.
- 52% of consumers say potato chips are one of their top three snacks.
- 71% plan to have potato chips at their Super Bowl party.
- And who needs bowls, with 49% planning to eat their chips right out of the bag.
- When buying snacks for their Super Bowl party, 91% of people look for snack that are their tried-and-true favorites.
When it comes to fans in this year’s Super Bowl team cities…
- While 54% of LA fans prefer spicy snacks, only 46% of Cincinnati fans like their snacks hot.
- Rams fans prefer to pair their snacks with guacamole (71%) and salsa (62%), while Bengals fans prefer salsa (55%) and buffalo chicken dip (51%).
Source: Frito Lay