Most Americans love peanut butter, but what type of peanut butter they choose to spread on their sandwich is another story. And it seems whether a person loves creamy or crunchy could tell you a lot about their personality.
A survey by JIF finds:
- A third of respondents would say they are “extremely” passionate about their peanut butter preference.
- 63% would rather not have peanut butter at all if it wasn’t the type they like.
- Close to half of people would not date someone who didn’t have the same peanut butter preference as them.
- And apparently a person’s peanut butter preference can reveal a lot about them.
- For example, 63% of crunchy peanut butter fans say they are optimists, as compared to 56% of creamy fans.
- Creamy fans also tend to be early birds (35%), and more introverted (33%).
- Crunchy fans are likely to be night owls (46%) and extroverts (25%).
And it seems folks can be mean when it comes to peanut butter choices.
- 47% of creamy peanut butter fans say they were teased for it during their childhood, as compared to only 28% of crunchy fans.
- 50% of creamy fans say they were judged for their preference, while only 32% of crunchy fans say the same.
- What’s more, 68% of creamy fans said they felt pressure to like crunchy just to fit it, something that only happened to 50% of crunchy fans.
Source: SWNS Digital