It’s no secret that Americans love their coffee, but just how much may be a bit shocking to you.
According to the National Coffee Association:
- Coffee consumption is at two-decade high.
- 66% of Americans say they drink coffee every day, up 14% from January 2021.
- Those numbers point to more coffee drinking than any other beverage, including tap water.
- 84% of coffee drinkers are consuming their java at home, compared to 80% in pre-pandemic January 2020.
- Coffee consumption away from home has increased 8% since January 2021.
So what kind of coffee is everyone in America drinking?
- Cappuccinos and lattes are tied for the most popular coffee drink, followed by plain espresso and café mocha.
- 43% of java drinkers enjoy specialty coffee, which is a five year high, and up 20% from January 2021.
- 41% of coffee drinkers use a drip coffee maker, followed by:
- Single cup system (like a Keurig) – (27%)
- Cold brewing (9%)
- Espresso machines (8%)
Source: National Coffee Association