As important as it is to take care of our physical health, prioritizing our mental health is just as important, yet some people may not realize everyday things they are doing could be putting their mental health at risk.
Well, now people are sharing some of those simple things after someone on Reddit posed the question "What’s bad for our mental health that we just ignore?"
- “Lack of Sleep,” with someone noting, “"This is one of the few mental health things I actually do make an effort to take care of. I become a non-functioning human if I get too sleep-deprived, so getting 7 or 8 hours of sleep is a top priority when I'm planning my days.”
- "Creating negative scenarios in our mind."
- "Paying too much attention to celebrities' personal lives."
- "Thinking everyone’s judging us. Honestly, no one has time to do so."
- "Too much news consumption. Read and watch enough to be updated if you have to, but don’t be glued to it all day.”
- "Endless screen time. We talk a lot about how it affects kids but nobody discusses how harmful it is for the adult attention span."
- "[Burnout.] With hustle culture, everyone just tries to 'power through' when they start losing interest in a passion or struggling with a profession. Sometimes the best thing to do when possible, is to give yourself some space from the activity."
- "Not enough social interaction. "Sometimes just a hello to someone random helps."
- "Staying silent about things that are bothering you. 'Suck it up' is not a good mantra."
- "Too much noise. From the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep, I am surrounded by noise.… But once I am in a silent environment, I notice how relieved I feel and how tense I actually was.”
- "A-hole family members that we all know we should cut ties with but we don't."