Easter is this weekend, and it sounds like a lot of people’s holiday will include yummy sweet treats.
A new report by the National Confectioners Association reveals:
- 91% of Americans will share sweet treats with family and friends on Easter.
- Over 90% of those making Easter baskets will put chocolate in them.
- Confectionary sales for Easter totaled $4 billion last year and is expected to increase between 5% and 7% this season.
So, what specifically do folks want includes in their Easter baskets? Well, the survey finds:
- 44% of Americans say chocolate eggs and bunnies are their preferred Easter treat.
- 20% would rather have jellybeans.
- 18% enjoy candy-coated eggs.
- 15% want marshmallow candies.
- But regardless of what candy they want, 84% agree that chocolate and candy is an essential part of Easter celebrations.
Source: Candy USA