Easter is Sunday, and while the holiday commemorates the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, somehow it’s most associated with eggs and bunnies. And with that in mind, a new report has decided to rank the most famous bunnies out there.
- 24/7 Tempo has come out with their picks of the most famous bunnies of all time.
- They determined their list by reviewing famous rabbits and bunnies throughout history, both real and fictional.
- They ranked them based on total combined Wikipedia page views for each rabbit’s entry.
- Not surprising, topping the list is, in fact, the Easter Bunny, which debuted in the 1700s. It was believed to have originated with German Lutherans, who originally adopted the Easter Hare.
- Coming in second is the most famous cartoon bunny out there – Bugs Bunny, who debuted in 1938.
Top Ten Most Famous Bunnies Of All Time
(click here for the complete list)
- Easter Bunny
- Bugs Bunny
- Oswald The Lucky Rabbit (created by Walt Disney in the 1920s)
- Peter Rabbit
- The Velveteen Rabbit
- Playboy Bunny
- Harvey (from the 1950 movie)
- Br’er Rabbit
- Rabbit of Caerbannog (from “Monty Python and the Holy Grail”)
- Lola Bunny (from “Space Jam”)
Source: 24/7 Wall Street