Finding a nice single guy isn’t always easy, but a new survey shows that even if you do, you may want to think twice before hopping into bed with them…but not for the reason you think.
A new UK survey, which could easily translate here, finds:
- 45% of single men have waited up to four months to wash their sheets, which means about three times a year.
- 12% actually say they only wash them “when they remember.”
- Women are much more hygienic when it comes to sheets, with 62% saying they change them every two weeks.
- Only 25% of men do the same.
- When those single men couple up they do seem to get better with their sheets.
- 35% of couples say they wash their sheets every three weeks.
So, why do people wash their sheets so infrequently?
- Well, the top reasons include:
- Forgetting (67%)
- Not being bothered (35%)
- Not having other clean sheets to use (22%)
- They shower at night so sheets don’t get dirty (18%)
And how often should people be changing their sheets?
- Well, according to one expert, sheets, bed linens and pillowcases need to be washed once a week.
- Blankets and duvets should be washed every two to three months.
- Pillows can go four to six months without a washing.
Source: Best Life