A new poll reveales how Americans feel about their own looks, but a new one spills the beans on how they feel about the looks of their significant others, and the responses may be surprising.
A new YouGov poll reveals:
- 47% of Americans feel they and their partner are equally attractive.
- More women think this than men (52% vs. 41%).
- Overall, 25% of people think their partner is more attractive than them.
- And only 14% of people think they are more attractive than their partner.
- Men are twice as likely as woman to think their partner is more physically attractive than they are (37% vs. 14%).
- Women are slightly more likely to say they are more attractive than their partner (17% vs. 12%).
The poll also asked men and women about certain physical traits thy find attractive.
- Overall, men are more likely to want a woman who is slimmer (44%) and shorter (30%) than they are.
- Women, on the other hand, are more attracted to a man who is taller (57%) and slimmer (22%) than they are.
- Only 23% of women and 15% of men say they “don’t mind any” body type.