It’s very easy to be impressed by the stunts we see on screen in action movies, but apparently there are a lot of folks who think it’s no big deal, and believe they could do it themselves.
A new survey finds:
- 57% of Americans think they have what it takes to be the next action star.
- It could be because a lot of people use action movies to motivate them at the gym.
- In fact, 35% of people say action movies are a big influence on their fitness goals.
- 57% say the right action flick can leave them feeling highly motivated.
- And it’s not just movies, with 47% of adults thinking they could compete well on a physically challenging show like, say ‘Wipeout!”
Of course, it takes a lot to get in shape to be an action star, and many people need something to help them stay motivated.
- Only 22% of people say like to stay completely focused when they exercise.
- 40% of people would prefer to have something to distract them from their workout, with 19% “always” needing something to get their mind off exercising.
- The top things people use to distract them are:
- Music (71%)
- Audiobooks (56%)
- Video games (55%)
- When it comes to music, 35% say they always listen to music when they work out.
- 66% make workout playlists.
- The top genres of music people work out to include:
- Rock (29%)
- Pop (29%)
- Rap/hip-hop (25%)
- R&B (25%)
- Musical theater (17%)
- Movie soundtracks (17%)
Source: SWNS Digital