There’s no doubt that Americans love food, and the only thing better than food, is free food, and apparently Americans are willing to face their worst fears to get that.
A new survey of 2,000 adults finds:
- More than half of those polled say they love food so much that if their favorite food was a person, they’d marry it.
- 34% said they’d be willing to do anything for food.
- And that’s particularly true if it meant getting free or unlimited access to food.
- In fact, many say they’d be willing to face their worst fears to get it, including:
- Public speaking (27%)
- Thunder/lightning (26%)
- Heights (25%)
- Spiders/insects (25%)
- Flying (24%)
- Snakes (24%)
- Enclosed spaces (23%)
- Mice/rats (23%)
- Others would be willing to do anything for their free food, with more than half willing to give up things like vacation days or social media.
- Another 29% would be willing to go skydiving, and 27% would actually run with the bulls.
- The average person would be willing to spend $437 for unlimited amounts of their favorite food for a month.
- They’d also be willing to travel 254 miles.
As for what foods Americans are willing to go to all these lengths to get, the top foods include:
- American (32%)
- Italian (27%)
- Mexican (24%)
- Spanish (22%)
- Chinese (22%)
Source: SWNS Digital