Here are some fun facts about lefties:
- 15% of the population is left-handed.
- Lefties are thought to be more creative: While there’s no scientific proof, many left-handed people follow careers in the arts.
- It’s not genetic … at least not entirely: Scientists think that your dominant hand is completely random because studies have shown that many twins have opposite- handedness.
- Mothers over 40 are more likely to have left-handed babies: A study found that babies of moms over 40 are twice as likely to be lefties.
- Lefties like to drink more than righties: Cheers to the left-handed, because according to an international survey, they drink more than their right-handed peers.
- Left-handed people make better athletes: It has everything to do with right-handed people being unable to effectively react and anticipate your movements.
- Most left-handed people learn to be ambidextrous: Not because they want to, but because they have to. It’s a right-handed world.
- 50% of dogs are left pawed: Research has found that half of dogs favor their left paw over their right.
- Some famous lefties: Leonardo da Vinci, Mozart, Presidents Obama, Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and Reagan; The Queen of England, Prince Charles and Prince William; Oprah, Ruth Bade Ginsburg, Babe Ruth, Jimi Hendrix, Neil Armstrong, Paul McCartney, Bill Gates, Angelina Jolie, Keanu Reeves, Lady Gaga, Tina Fey, Justin Bieber.