We are always hearing about offices that offer employees special perks to keep workers happy, but while free lunch, extra vacation days, pawternity leave and the ability to work from anywhere may be good starts, some workers dream about getting some other ones.
- Trusaic, a supplier of equal pay software polled 1,230 Americans to see what “fantasy” perks they’d like to see companies offering, and the results were pretty interesting.
- The top “fantasy” perk workers would love to get is "Paid celebration recovery leave," or so-called "Hangover leave,” with 23% of people (the equivalent of 59 million Americans) wanting time off to recover from partying too much.
- Another 17% would love for a company to offer “breakup leave,” to give them time to get over a romantic split.
- Other top “fantasy” job perks include:
- Free sleep hygiene analysis and paid/premium subscription to sleep app (21%)
- Free sessions with a Buddhist monk to meditate and practice mindfulness (14%)
- Paid hair coloring/dying/tinting (for those over 30) (13%)
- Social media detox days (12%)
- Compassionate leave for heartsick sports fans (if their team loses the big game/series) (9%)
- Doomscrolling detox days (9%)
- Premium subscription to a dating app off your choice (6%)
- Houseplant bereavement leave (5%)
Source: Yahoo Finance