Friday was National Dog Day, and there are a lot of pooches out there that would get excited to just hop in your car for a nice long ride to celebrate. But not all cars are great for dogs, and if you’re someone who takes your dog into consideration with everything you do, there are some vehicles that may better suit your furry friend.
- AutoTrader has come out with their list of the 2022 Best New Cars for Dog Lovers.
- Cars on the list are chosen based on a variety of relevant features like interior durability and space, vehicle comfort, convenience and safety.
- Cars on the list include things like seats that are easy to clean, a low cargo floor so your dog can get in and out easily and tie-down hooks to keep your pooch secure, as well as rear heating and A/C vents.
Cars on this year’s list (in alphabetical order) include:
- 2022 Chrysler Pacifica
- 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
- 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe
- 2022 Jeep Wrangler
- 2022 Kia Soul
- 2022 Ram ProMaster City Wagon
- 2022 Subaru Outback
- 2022 Tesla Model 3
- 2022 Toyota Sienna
- 2022 Volvo XC60
More tidbits from the report…
- 85% of dog owners say they think about transporting their dog when buying a car.
- 68% of dog owners say they take their dog in their vehicle at least once a week.
- 90% of dog owners consider their dogs their best friends.