While it’s always nice to hear people say “I Love You,” it turns out there’s a lot of other things that can make you feel even happier.
A new survey finds:
- Feelings off happiness after hearing a partner say “I Love You” can last an average of four hours.
- But there are plenty of things that make you feel happier longer, including having your favorite team win, with that happiness lasting, four hours and nine minutes.
- But both things don’t compare to the happiness felt spending time with your family, four hours and 33 minutes.
- Of course, those aren’t the only things that bring happiness that lasts. Others include:
- Getting home from a vacation with a glowing tan – 4 hours 13 minutes
- When your child makes you a piece of art – 4 hours 1 minute
- Playing with your pet – 3 hours 47 minutes
- Finding a bargain in a shop – 3 hours 39 minutes
- Finishing a workout – 3 hours 36 minutes
- Cleaning/tidying the house – 3 hours 36 minutes
- Eating a chocolate bar – 3 hours 34 minutes
- Getting complimented – 3 hours 30 minutes
- Having a cold alcoholic drink on a hot day – 3 hours 17 minutes
- Listening to a song that fills you with nostalgia – 3 hours 9 minutes
- Eating junk food – 3 hours 6 minutes
- Drinking a cup of tea – 3 hours 4 minutes
But money issues have forced 39% of people to cut back on things that make them happy, including
- Ordering takeout (42%)
- Holidays (39%)
- Social activities with friends (37%)
- But 25% aren’t willing to give up their daily coffee.
- 21% won’t give up shopping.
Source: Study Finds