It may only be September but there are a lot of people already thinking about Halloween. In fact, a new Hershey’s poll claims 60% of people think it’s socially acceptable to start celebrating Halloween before October, and that’s true for 70% of parents with children.
Of course, one of the keys to having a good Halloween is finding the right costume, and now Spirit Halloween is here to let us know the top trends for the upcoming Halloween season.
- Of Course, Witches – Witches are always popular, but this year the Sanderson sisters witches from “Hocus Pocus” will be big, thanks to the upcoming sequel.
- Binge Worthy and Big Screen – Many folks will be inspired by their favorite TV or movie characters, and this year that means costumes from “Stranger Things,” “Ted Lasso” and “Yellowstone,” along with classics like “Beetlejuice,” “The Addams Family” and “Sonic.”
- Clowns – Clowns come out on Halloween, especially scary ones like the legendary Killer Klowns and IT.
- Classic Horror Characters – Ghost Face, Chucky, Freddy, Jason, they are as popular as ever.
- Animation – Costumes inspired by anime and video games will be big, including characters from franchises like Minecraft, Fortnite and more.
- Family Favorite Characters – Don’t be surprised when your kids want to dress up like their favorite characters, such as Buzz Lightyear, Encanto, Bluey, etc.
- Ghouls – In general, spooky costumes will be the rave, whether it’s zombies, vampires, edgy princesses, or who knows.
Source: AP News