More and more companies are expecting their employees to return to the office but there are still plenty of people who’d rather stay working from home, and that’s particularly true for women.
A new CareerBuilder survey finds:
- 39% of women insist their home office is the ideal place for them to work.
- While 30% of men are more likely to describe a company-provided office as their ideal working environment.
- Overall, 31% of men are embracing the return to the office, but not everyone agrees.
- In fact, 34% of all workers would prefer to continue working from home.
- While only 27% would say their top choice is to return to the office.
- Generationally, Boomers are the most likely to say they’d prefer to continue working at home (44%), followed by:
- Millennials (35%)
- Gen Z (20%)
- And while some don’t want to return to the office, some don’t want to work at home either.
- 26% of employees say they prefer a non-traditional work location.
- That’s particularly true for 44% of Gen Z and 30% of Millennials.
- Such non-traditional spaces include:
- An outdoor area or patio (13%)
- Co-working space with other businesses (9%)
- Coffee shop (4%)
But if they do have to return to the office, folks no longer have patience for long commutes.
- 66% of employees are only willing to commute 30 minutes or less.
- Only 33% are willing to commute more than 30 minutes
- And just 7% would travel an hour.