Here are some highlights of what to know for this year's Balloon Fiesta:
- This is the 50th anniversary
- There is a reenactment of the very first Balloon Fiesta, in the parking lot of Coronado Center with 13 balloons that will lift off there just like they did back in April of 1972.
- There are 648 balloons registered, the most in a decade
- There are 120 special shapes.
- They will try to break some records this weekend… on Sunday, Oct. 2 they’ll go for the largest mass ascension of miniature radio-controlled balloons. And on Sunday night they will attempt another world record – the largest number of balloons in a single balloon glow.
- There is also a new aerial light show at 5:45 a.m. each weekend morning
- There is a twinkle glow on Saturday night and a balloon glow on Sunday evening
For a complete list of events, schedules, park and ride and more, go to: balloonfiesta.com