There comes a point when all of us start to realize we are getting older, and a new survey is pinpointing when that is for most people.
A new poll of 2,000 Americans finds:
- 42 is the age the average American begins to notice signs of aging.
- But 15% actually start to notice by the time they turn 35.
- But some don’t want to admit it, with 21% of people saying they are in denial about their body aging.
- 30% used to be in denial, but have grown to accept it.
- Most people say they start noticing they must make changes to their health and wellness routines by 39.
- But 61% say they procrastinate doing so, putting off those changes for three to six years, with 29% putting them off for about two years.
- So, how do people finally notice they are aging? Well, the most common signs include:
- Joint pain (39%)
- Chronic conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes (37%)
- Slower metabolism (35%)
- Where they carry their weight (30%)
Source: SWNS Digital