Choosing a name for your baby is one of the first major decisions parents make for their kid and most of them don’t take it lightly. Some moms and dads prefer uncommon names, while others like ones that are trendy, so they want to know which names are popular either way. Baby name experts share the names they expect to be used more often in 2023.
Based on recent trends and Social Security Administration data, these are the names experts predict parents will be picking for their little ones in the year ahead:
- Billie - Thanks to Billie Eilish, this old school girl's name is making a comeback, according to Pamela Redmond, co-founder of the baby names site Nameberry.
- Wren - Combining the trend of nature names and word names for baby girls, Jennifer Moss, the founder of BabyNames.com says the name Wren hit number 20 on the charts for 2022.
- Felicity - This one is already popular in the U.K., currently ranking at number 123 on 2022 name charts there and name consultant Lilia E. Corrigan of Heartbabynames expects it to become more popular in the U.S. as parents “are gravitating toward bright and happy-feeling names.”
- Wednesday - First used as a first name in the U.S. in 1965, after the first “The Addams Family” show aired, Gloria Kirk, the name consultant behind Naming Meadow predicts that “Wednesday” will rise in popularity next year, thanks to the new Netflix series “Wednesday.”
- Atlas - Moss says Atlas is rising fast for boys and she believes it will be in the top 10 within a few years.
- Evander - This powerful is a personal favorite of name consultant Heidi Prunkl and she thinks it will be used more as mythology-related baby names have been a big hit.
- Ezra - According to Moss, Ezra is becoming more popular for any gender and will increase in use.
- Bodhi - Spiritual names are trendy and name consultant Sarah-Jayne Ljungstrom says parents who want names with “meaning” will like Bodhi, which can be gender-neutral, and means “enlightenment.”
- The experts also expect Mirabel, Flora, Romy, Dutton, Tallulah, Wilder, Renley, Ocean, Della, Winnie, Marigold, Koa, Ozzy, Evangeline, Leni and Graham to become more popular in 2023.
Source: Huff Post