Lots of people still go to work when they’re sick. In fact, a new survey found that 75% go to work when they have a cold – even though 57% said they’d rather their sick co-workers would just stay home. Seems attitudes are going back to pre-pandemic times -- with employees thinking they need to just “power through” a cold and keep working. So why don’t sick workers just stay home?
- 42% don’t want their co-workers seeing them as unreliable.
- 41% don’t want to leave others in the lurch.
- 38% go in to prove to their boss and co-workers that they’re really not feeling well.
- 34% said they have too much to do.
- 21% want to show how dedicated they are.
- 18% don’t trust others to do their work.