Did you know ...
- $38 billion worth of pizzas are sold every year in the U.S.
- 3 billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. each year
- Americans eat 350 slices of pizza per second
- 13% of Americans eat pizza on any given day
- 93% of Americans have at least one slice of pizza per month
- The average American eats more than 23 pounds of pizza a year
- Roughly 17% of males between the ages of 2 and 39 eat pizza for breakfast, lunch, or dinner on any given day
- 251.7 million pounds of pepperoni are consumed every year in the U.S. just from pizza
- Common pizza toppings in Japan include squid and mayo (Eat This, Not That)
What Is the Most-Hated Pizza Topping?
There are plenty of upscale pizzerias that pop smoked oysters, goat cheese and truffle oil on their pies, and many of us are happy to try them. Universally though, there is one pizza topping that is so despised that it makes you wonder how it ever even made it to a crust and why it still exists on menus – anchovies. Running close behind the little hairy fish is eggplant, then artichokes, broccoli and one of the most polarizing toppers: pineapple.