It’s no secret that people love their pets and new research reveals just how much. Nine in 10 pet owners say they only want the best for their furry friends, according to a survey of 2-thousand cat and dog owners, and eight in 10 say their pets are their biggest source of joy.
- More than three-quarters (78%) of pet parents admit they have a hard time saying no to their pets.
- Seven in 10 respondents believe their furry friends live like kings and queens, which explains why 49% show their love by treating them to luxuries like designer clothing and custom-made beds and 44% take them to high-end pet spas.
- But the dogs and cats give back, too, as owners say their pets have helped them become more mature (48%), taught them patience (45%) and improved their overall mental health (43%).
- So it’s not surprising that six in 10 pet owners admit they confide in their pets when they have a bad day and 60% also admit they actually prefer to snuggle up with their fur baby over their partners.
The survey shows pet owners agree there are some essentials they all need:
- Pet door 17%
- Electric pet fence 17%
- Pet fountain 14%
- No pull leash 13%
- And an automatic pet feeder 13%
Source: SWNS Digital