Think you’re getting all the nutrients you need in your diet? Many of us aren’t, according to new research that finds nearly half of Americans aren’t eating as many fruits and vegetables as they should be.
A survey of 2-thousand U.S. adults finds:
- Carrots have been crowned America’s favorite veggie, but 52% of respondents admit they regularly skip out on vegetables
- Favorite fruits include apples (69%), oranges (64%) and bananas (63%), but 43% of those polled don’t even eat fruit once a day.
- When it comes to protein, 10% think they’re not getting enough and 14% have no idea how much protein they need.
- Top sources of protein include white meat (25%), red meat (19%), fish/seafood (33%), plant-based milk (19%) and protein powder (15%).
- As for the most important meal of the day, people like breakfast options that are easy to take on the go (30%) and convenient (31%).
- Smoothies check both of those boxes, as well as help people get their nutrients in, and 51% of those surveyed drink at least one smoothie a week.
- Ingredients for a “perfect smoothie” include honey (32%), yogurt (32%), bananas (26%), chocolate (25%), plant-based milk (24%), strawberries (23%) and plant-based protein powder (21%).
Source: SWNS Digital