(That's my Golden Retriever Casey!)
Most people consider their pet to be a member of their family and there are nearly 90.5 million households in the U.S. that own pets. They want to live where their furry or feathered friends can enjoy long, healthy lives with them, which is easier to do in some places. A new report reveals which cities are better for pets and their people.
- WalletHub’s annual list of the Most Pet-Friendly Cities in the U.S. has just come out.
- They rank the 100 biggest cities in the country on 23 metrics in the categories of budget, health & wellness and outdoor pet friendliness.
- In 2023, the most pet friendly city is Scottsdale, Arizona, which comes in first for health & wellness and eighth for outdoor pet friendliness.
- Albuquerque came in at number 39 on the list.
- Number one for outdoor pet friendliness is San Francisco and Greensboro, North Carolina is first for budget.
- At the bottom of the list is Baltimore, Maryland, making it the least pet-friendly city.
Top 10 Pet-Friendly Cities in 2023
(Check out the full list here)
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Tampa, Florida
- St. Petersburg, Florida
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Birmingham, Alabama
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Portland, Oregon